Tuesday 4 September 2012

A Mothers' Love

After sending my best explanation to my mother and brother, I waited for their response - really not knowing at all what form it would take. When I received it, I was blown away! Although an outsider would have expected nothing less, I had only hoped for an honest assessment, and anything more would have been a bonus - but this was a validation, a respect for my ideas, my emotions, my thoughts - WOW - I had not expected that. It was extremely comforting and empowering, and of course made me weep in humility.

That evening I shared what I had written and the response, with my child - to show more than anything, a beautiful example of Mothers' Love.

"My dear loving and beautiful daughter

Thank you so very much for giving us such a brave insight of your troubles.  You did a magnificent job of sharing your emotions with us.  I can see you wrote that with such feeling and sincerity.  We are honoured that you have taken us into your confidence.  I agree with everything you wrote but I am so sorry that you had to bear all this by yourself, for so long.  You were never a person to be fobbed off with the “ordinary” and like Dad, seldom suffered fools gladly.  In character you are very much like him, and that is praise indeed.  I fully understand that life can be suffocating and that sacrificing your inner self  can be soul-destroying – everyone needs self-expression and identity.  Only simple people are satisfied being sheep or followers.  Right from the start of your relationship you threw yourself into it wholeheartedly and you made a great success of it.  It must have been very trying at times, you being so much younger.  I do not blame you at all for wanting more “independence” and “me” time – your magnificent character requires that...
I am so proud to have you and your brother as my children"


...My story continues on in the next post: Heart to Head
...Read the post that preceded this one, go here: Lost or Found
...Start at the Beginning of the exposure of my soul, go here: The Exposed Me

No comments:

Post a Comment